Tuesday 26 March 2013

Another Draft Bites the Dust

Well, I've finished another draft. Huzzah! This time I've written an adult Urban Fantasy. While YA was my thing for a long while, I think it's time to accept the fact I can't get into a teenager's mind like I used to. Besides, I like writing about cocktails and fun things happening during work and all that stuff my life is made up of now.

Some stats for this draft:

Date started: 21st February 2013

Projected end date: 22nd April 2013

Actual end date: 26th March 2013 (Almost a month in advance!) (Um, I had more days off work than expected.)

Number of words: 98,343 (!)

Things that were neglected during the writing of this draft: Household chores, dog, housemate, work, boyfriend

Things that will no longer be neglected: See above

Things I can do now: Read, rewatch Sherlock, read, talk to my boyfriend, sleep, read

Next step: A quick read-through for obvious errors, then off to beta readers!

Okay, in case you haven't figure it out, I'm off to read for a bit, then get some actual sleep. Zzzz...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Enjoy your things you can do now :)

    ReplyDelete